Metro North’s getaways are an easy, short escape from New York City to Westchester County. Discover history, art and family fun. Some getaways include overnight stays.
Happy Birthday GCT
Grand Central Terminal turns 100 in 2013. Celebrate by attending one of the many events scheduled throughout the year, then jump on a train to Westchester for an overnight stay or to visit for the day.
Metro-North packages include:
- discount round-trip fare from your boarding station
- discount admission to the attractions that are part of the getaway package
- and, where applicable, connecting transportation services
Note: Rail tickets sold in conjunction getaway packages may be used during off-peak hours only.
Packages can be purchased at Metro-North ticket offices and at full-service ticket machines, excluding event stations (e.g. the package to Mohegan Sun Casino is not available at the New Haven station ticket office or ticket machines). Also packages are not sold onboard trains or online through WebTicket. For additional information, visit Metro-North Getaways.
- The Hudson River Museum, Glenwood Station
- Yonkers Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
- Empire City Casino, Yonkers Station
- Westchester Trails Bike Rental, Dobbs Ferry Station
- Yankees Getaway, Doubletree Hotel, Tarrytown Station
- Lyndhurst, Irvington or Tarrytown Station
- SpringHill Suites, Tarrytown Station
- KyKuit - the Rockefeller Estate, Tarrytown Station
- Clearwater's Great Hudson River Festival Revival, Croton-on-Hudson Station
- Katonah Museum of Art, Katonah Station
- Rye Playland, Rye Station