Lift lights on set

Food Service Permit Request for Media Production

Use this form to verify or request a permit from the Westchester County Health Department for temporary food service provided in connection with filming, videotaping, commercial photography, or other media production. If you would like to apply for a yearly permit for a mobile food unit/truck, please use the mobile food unit permit application form.

This request does NOT constitute a letter of intent or an application for film permit, which must be submitted to the film office prior to scheduling activity on properties under County jurisdiction or to the appropriate municipality or other authority. Acceptance of this scheduling request does NOT constitute or imply approval of production activity, which may be granted only through a completed film permit.

By submitting this form, you acknowledge and accept that all food and beverage service will comply with applicable provisions of the New York State and Westchester County sanitary codes relating to food service at the production location(s). Permittee agrees to immediately remediate violations, if any, issued by the Westchester County Dept. of Health relating to food service at the location(s).

Application must be received no less than 5 business days prior to the event. The fee for a temporary food service permit is $85.00, payable by check or money order to "Westchester County Department of Health," and delivered to:
     Westchester County Department of Health
​     Attention: Food Service Permits
     25 Moore Ave.
     Mount Kisco, NY 10549


A printable PDF version of this form is available online.

Provisions of the Westchester County Sanitary Code require that before issuance of a permit to operate a temporary food service establishment, the following documents must be filed with this department:

  1. Application for temporary food service establishment permit.

  2. Handling process for food and beverage items.

  3. A certificate of resolution for authorization if the owner is incorporated. (Corporate seal must be affixed to document.)

  4. Workers compensation and disability insurance certifications.

  5. PLEASE NOTE: If you operate a mobile food vehicle containing cooking equipment that produces smoke or grease-laden vapors for the purpose of preparing and serving food to the public, you MUST provide proof of a satisfactory inspection conducted by the local municipality for compliance with building/fire codes.

WARNING - FormBuilder did not return a 200 status code [TODO] - UPDATE