Nestled away from busy highways and urban noise and crowds, Pound Ridge is a picturesque rural town treasured for its rolling hills and scenic country roads. Its hamlet, known as Scotts Corners, features several dining options and quaint boutiques.
With the largest park in the county, the 4,300-acre Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, and the public course at Pound Ridge Golf Club, Pound Ridge provides a laid-back, relaxing retreat for visitors and locals.
Your Beyond-Perfect Day in Pound Ridge:
Start with breakfast: The Kitchen Table offers farm-fresh fare and a market with provisions for your kitchen at home.
Hit the greens—or the trails: Enjoy a round of golf at the top-rated public Pound Ridge Golf Club, New York’s only Pete Dye design, or hike one of the beautifully wooded trails of Ward Pound Ridge Reservation.
Take a lunch break: DiNardo’s Ristorante Italiano is known for its excellent pastas and pizzas, with plenty of family-friendly options.
Explore downtown: Don’t miss the fine and eclectic shops at Scotts Corners, including KAHLO with its eco-chic women’s clothing. Plan your Pound Ridge outing for October 2 and experience the fun of Harvest Festival in the Town Park—a day of music, children’s activities and Oktoberfest-style food and craft brews.
A dinner to remember: Make it a date night or treat the whole family to a memorable meal at world-acclaimed Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Inn at Pound Ridge.
Stay longer: Extend your getaway with a hotel stay.
Pound Ridge has:
- Ward Pound Ridge Reservation: The 4,300-acre park is the county’s largest and features varied terrain and landscapes with miles of wooded trails with areas for picnicking, lean-to camping, fishing and cross-country skiing.
- The Trailside Nature Museum: Situated on the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, it is the oldest museum of its kind in the United States and home to a large collection of mounted animals, American Indian artifacts, educational exhibits, child-friendly interactive displays and nature-oriented artwork.
- Scotts Corners: The designated “commercial district” features restaurants and shops.
- The Pound Ridge Library: The cultural center of the town, housed in the former schoolhouse, offers events for children and adults.
- The Mianus River Gorge Preserve: The Nature Conservancy’s first land project is partially located in Pound Ridge.
- The Town Park: Offers playgrounds, picnic areas, and playing fields.
For more information about Pound Ridge: