Despite being just 4.4 square miles, Mount Vernon runs the gamut from quiet suburban retreat to densely urban city center. Mount Vernon holds annual events that are a draw for visitors including Ben Gordon Day, a celebration of a Mount Vernon local who made it to the NBA, the popular Arts on Third Street Festival and the Summer Breeze concert series.
- Willson's Woods Park: A 23-acre county-owned park that’s one of the oldest parks in the county system, Willson's Woods offers a wave pool, water slides and a spray deck and water playground against the backdrop of an English Tudor style bathhouse. The park also has areas for picnicking and fishing.
- Hunt's Woods: A county preserve that features a small stretch of open woods with hiking and nature trails.
- The Ice Hutch: A domed sports complex where ice hockey is played indoors during the winter and indoor golf and tennis are available year-round.
- St. Paul’s Church National Historic Site
- Mount Vernon has starred as the location for many famous films including Riding In Cars With Boys, The Thomas Crown Affair and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
For more information, visit these sites: