New Rochelle is the seventh largest city in New York and has plenty to offer visitors. Recreational opportunities abound in this historic city, with 9.3 miles of shoreline, 231 acres of public parks and a municipal marina. The downtown features a Walk of Fame, art galleries, cinemas, well-rated restaurants and boutique shopping. New Rochelle’s neighborhoods feature a mosaic of elegant, stately older homes, some dating from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, with exquisite architecture and lovely landscaping. Just 30 minutes from the heart of Manhattan and everywhere within reach.
Nestled in the central part of the city is the largest designated historic district in Westchester. In the downtown, the newly built condominium residential towers join with live/work lofts, turn-of-the-century apartment buildings and multi-and single-family homes. Along the waterfront, one-of-a-kind homes ring the shoreline.
Check out the New York By Rail Blog: Explore and Eat in New Rochelle
New Rochelle has:
- Thomas Paine Cottage: Former home of Thomas Paine, Father of the American Revolution and creator of the human rights movement, furnished with original 18th and 19th century artifacts.
- North Avenue:The popular commercial strip is also home to Iona College.
- The Rock Club, a rock climbing gym for people of all ages.
- Regal Cinemas IMAX is located in New Roc City and is the perfect place to have a unique film experience.
- Town House a restaurant serving a menu of local, seasonal American fare in a contemporary and casual setting, is situated in the heart of New Rochelle’s booming downtown. Led by New Rochelle native Chris dos Reis, Town House provides elevated food and drinks in a space that celebrates conversation and festive gatherings.
- 18th Ward Brewery is a new beverage attraction in New Rochelle with award-winning beers. This brewery mixes new and old styles to create the perfect ambiance, ciders and brews.
- Glen Island Park: Features winding paths and stunning views of the Long Island Sound.
For more information, visit these sites: