New York State Dept. of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
- 9 Old Post Rd., Taconic Region
- Staatsburg, NY 12580
- Phone: (845) 889-3818
In Westchester County, the New York State Dept. of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation has jurisdiction over:
- Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park, Yorktown Heights
- Old Croton Aqueduct State Historic Park, Yonkers to Cortlandt Manor
- Rockefeller State Park Preserve, Pleasantville
- John Jay Homestead State Historic Site, Katonah
- Hudson Highlands State Park Preserve, Peekskill
- Philipse Manor Hall State Historic Site, Yonkers
- D.J. Trump State Park, Yorktown.
From the American experience at John Jay Homestead and Philipse Manor Hall State Historic Sites, to the miles of scenic hiking trails and the spectacular panoramic views of the Hudson River and Palisade Cliffs from Rockefeller State Park Preserve, our New York State Parks in Westchester County have attracted visitors from all over the world. Just a short distance from New York City, our parks have also been the location of feature films, documentaries, fashion photo shoots and more.
Permits are required for commercial shoots for film or still photography. Permit fees and the need for additional insurance coverage will be evaluated once a permit application is submitted. Please plan for your permit to take at least two weeks to be approved, although exceptions can be made in certain situations. For an application and more information on shooting at a Taconic Region Park, please contact: Janeen M. Martin, Taconic Region permits office, at (845) 889-3818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.